The Positive Youth Foundation have been successful in securing Sport England’s “Active Youth Community Fund” from Think Active to deliver new and sustainable opportunities across the city through the CYP network, with the aim of supporting inactive young people aged 5-25 to engage in regular physical activity. We are well aware that to reach those who are in most need we will require specialist support, something which youth workers and community groups play an important role.
Due to the nature of the available fund, we are inviting a small cohort of locally trusted partners to apply to support this programme.
Work with 5-25-year-olds in Coventry who would benefit from physical activity?
Thanks to Think Active and Sport England, we are opening applications for up to £3000.
Check out the film of the last round we delivered in partnership with Think Active and StreetGames!
Closing Date 31st December.
Funding will be allocated up to the value of £3,000 per organisation depending on the needs and outcomes of the project. This will support up to 3 months of delivery between January – March 2022.
In addition to this, there will be several training opportunities and incentive packages available for staff and young people throughout the funding term. Further details will be shared with successful applicants.
Your proposal to the Positive Youth Foundation
We want to develop a flexible and inclusive programme to attract young people aged 5-25 identified as being most inactive and those who have irregular actively levels
PYF is looking to work with organisations based in Coventry that meet the following criteria:
- Successful experience of working with vulnerable young people who are identified as being inactive and/or with poor health outcomes.
- Have a positive and collaborative mindset and experience in working successfully on programmes with multiple partners.
- Have a strong project management and an outcomes-led approach to work, including data collection and analysis.
- A clear neighborhood / community footprint in Coventry.
We will look favorably on projects that encourage development plans to target under-represented participants within sport including:
- Young people with disabilities
- Minority ethnic groups
- Lower socioeconomic groups
If successful, tasks to be completed throughout the project:
- Social media releases about your project (Tagging Think Active & PYF)
- 30 young people to attend the project.
- 50% Women and Girls
- Case studies of your project
- Projects to fill in Think Active Google report form
If you are interested in the opportunity to access this fund please download the application form here and complete the questions and send the information to Nikki Miles: Nikki@positiveyouthfoundation.org before 31st December 2021.